Dear Montevideo Families,
Welcome back to another exciting year at Montevideo Elementary School, home of the Mustangs! Teachers and staff have been busy preparing their classrooms for the beginning of the school year, and looking forward to welcoming our students on Tuesday, August 25. I am so honored to be able to serve as your interim principal until Mrs. Snow returns from her maternity leave.
There have been some additions to our wonderful staff at Montevideo, and we are excited to welcome:
- Transitional Kindergarten Teacher, Emma Barry, who is opening a new TK classroom.
- Our new science teacher, Ursula Sexton who replaces retired teacher Peggy MacArthur.
- Gina Finke who is joining our staff as our speech therapist.
We have also had some changes in teacher assignments:
- Sarah Hypes has moved from Kindergarten to second grade.
- Marcey Ellis and Laura Mahoney are both moving to full time Kindergarten teachers.
- Lauren Foos has moved from second to fourth grade.
- Linda Reece has moved from fifth to first grade to replace retired teacher, Kathy Curran.
- Kelsey Marquez has moved from a three/four grade combination class to fifth grade.
We have many exciting and engaging activities prepared for your students. We look forward to seeing you on August 25! Enjoy these last days of summer!
Interim Principal – Don Loflin