Welcome Montevideo families!
I am proud and honored to serve the students of Montevideo Elementary School, a school with a legacy of excellence and high standards. It is very obvious that Montevideo families place a high value and priority on student learning and well-being, as reflected by the many resources made available through generous donations and support. It takes a collaborative effort between the school and community to ensure each child’s maximum potential.
In addition to the ‘3 Rs’, our students enjoy a myriad of exciting instructional opportunities and support including instruction by specialists in P.E., Science, Computers, Library, Music, and Art. Math and Reading intervention, English language support, and counseling, including Rainbow are available for students in need. Chinese and Spanish are offered, as well! Our 1st and 2nd grade students have staggered start times, referred to as Slip Reading or Early/Late Readers to ensure small group, prescriptive instruction. Our staff is committed to on-going professional development and well-versed in research-based best practices. They plan engaging instruction, reflective of data, that is both rigorous and relevant to the global society in which we live. Our parents are active participants in their children’s education. Special activities such as the Montevideo Education Foundation Auction Gala, Family Math Nights, Celebrate the Arts, Heritage Celebration Potluck and Basket Night, PTA Movie Nights and Fall Carnival are just a few of these exciting events hosted in our school community! We also enjoy our sister-school relationship with Xinqiao Primary School in China.
Our goals this year include:
· Positive relationship-building with our students, families, community, and staff
· Provide a positive and supportive school climate
· Promote high expectations and improve student achievement in all areas
· Increase rigor and relevance in instruction as we transition to Common Core Standards and prepare for Next Generation Common Assessments
· Promote, model, and support good character, leadership, problem-solving abilities, mutual respect, and responsibility
· Integrate IPAD technology in classroom instruction
· Grow our PTA membership and involvement
· Continue to develop and expand the role of the Montevideo Education Foundation for the benefit of our children
I look forward to working with you and your child to ensure an outstanding, 21st century learning experience!
Your servant leader,